Saturday, April 10, 2004

March Is Over!

Well I know it has been quite a while since I wrote one of these. I can safely say it has been at least two months or so. I really have been that busy. March was really just that busy. But let me start with February. In the middle of February we found out that I am having a baby. I am really excited, we had been trying for a little while. In January I had decided that 2 1/2 years was much to close for my children to be and decided to hold off having a baby. Little did I know...well, they are going to be 2 1/2 years apart exactly. Now this pregnancy has proven to be quite a bit harder for me than the first one. To think I was looking FORWARD to being pregnant again. WHAT WAS I THINKING? I have spent the time between now and when I found I was with child being constantly tired and nauseous. Not that I have ever actually thrown up. What? And actually relieve the symptoms? That would be to easy. I am very excited to have this baby. Elijah was just really not this hard of a pregnancy. Matt agrees, so it must be true.

I have been going to the doctor that delivered Caleb, Sarah, Rachel and Aaron. I already got an ultrasound. It just looks like a big blob though. It barely has fingers. I refer to it as my little blob. Dr. Judd assured me that we WOULD find out the sex of this baby. We would keep trying until we know. This makes me happy. I really want to know.

In further news, we found out that Matt is going to attend grad school at the University of Utah this fall. This became the most obvious when they were the only ones who accepted him. I am very glad the application part is over. We knew it was extremely competitive, but one can't help but hope that you will be the lucky one and get in right away. Three years later, I guess not. We were able to go to University of Utah on Friday because Matt had Good Friday off. (Are his bosses Mormon? Yes. Does this make since to celebrate a Catholic holiday? No. But who are we to complain?) Matt spoke with several people and is excited about attending. We were all feverish and exhausted when we got home though. Did I mention we have had the flu? Yuck.

We had so many events this month I can't believe we made it through. First, Heather Davis Casale came to visit. She came to show off her baby...who is now well over a year. It is hard to see your friends when they live in New York. Madison is a beautiful little girl. But she was sick the whole time. She has an amazing vocabulary. She is only 13 months and I have never seen a baby that age talk so much. We spent out time together doing what we did in high school. We drove around and talked and went to her room and talked. I realize now maybe I didn't do much in high school, but I sure had a good time. It was kind of relaxing doing those things again, but in a much nicer car with a baby in the back seat.

The next weekend Matt's parents came to town. Most of the time was spent looking at area's in Utah County and the houses they have. We also went to a couple buffet's (heaven knows there are plenty in the area.) I think my favorite part was watching Elijah's bliss at having TWO grandpa's to snuggle and talk to. You can just imagine his excitement at having another Papa that loves him just as much as the other one. He would climb on my dad's lap and say, "Papa? Look papa." and point to Charles. Then he would repeat the process with Charles, "Papa? Look papa." and point to my dad. It was very funny.

The day they were preparing to leave Christian came home. Now this was interesting. Christian just walked right by the escalators. We saw him walk right by on the balcony. Christian is a little clueless sometimes...but I still love him. I could go on forever on how he is strange because he isn't used to being back...but I will refrain. Everyone knows RM's are strange. Speaking of which, Jon came home too (Matt's brother) but I haven't spoken too him. Jon, has the line died down? Do you think you would have time to talk to me too?

The next week brought about Kerstin's shower and wedding. The shower I had made 50 invitations for. It took forever. The proceedings on both events were exhausting. But Kerstin is happy and finally married. I always like family events because you get to see family members you don't get to see all the time. Unfortunately, because of the timing and change of dates, I didn't get to see everyone very long. A couple hours at the most. It was kind of sad. Maybe next time? The wedding was at the Ballroom of the Provo library. It was very striking and had a huge kitchen the put the church's to shame.

Elijah had the excitement of seeing The Wiggles in concert on April 1st. He sat there looking at the stage kind of perplexed. The adults trying to explain to him what is going on. He didn't clue in until they played Fruit Salad and he actually laughed. As for the adults, we all found it a fun concert. They told joke that kids and adults could appreciate and they sang new and old songs. My favorite was Where's Jeff where they went through a whole number looking for Jeff, who was of course on stage waving his arms and even riding a bike. I guess you have to see it, but it still makes me laugh at the thought of the others going through this choreographed routine and trying not to laugh (laugh is not part of the act) and not seeing Jeff. The coolest part when went they went to collect the roses and dog bones from the audience. Murray and Jeff went though and collected them. Jeff (the purple one) stood 2 feet from us and said, kind of embarrassed and he walked through our isle, "Sorry, just collecting roses." A little boy put his finger on him and said, "Look mom, I'm touching him!" Too bad I didn't have a camera. I learned something that day, Aussie's can't say squirrel. or maybe just the Wiggles can't. I didn't realize it was possible to butcher the word.

After this month of excitement we have been sick and Elijah hasn't been sleeping well. He is getting 8 hours of sleep a day, poor guy. A couple nights ago he actually had a sleep terror. I have heard of them, but never seen one. It was kind of scary. It is similar to sleepwalking in where they don't remember it and it can be dangerous It can also seem like they are awake but they really aren't. A sleep terror though involves screaming and kicking. He was unreasonable. He yelled at everyone to GO! and didn't want me to touch him or put him down. He rolled on the ground, then ran to me. We put him in bed with us, but Matt couldn't get in with Elijah and then we couldn't turn the lights off. This was so unlike him that I realized he wasn't awake and called the doctor in the morning. Apparently, they just happen sometimes.

Boy I hope I haven't forgotten anything. I hope to see or call friends soon. I have barely had time to breathe. Geesh. I don't want another month like that for a long time

No comments: