Okay, I really just needed someone to rearrange and
tweak my room a little. And a couple of ladies in my ward did.
Problem: Ally needed a twin bed and the removal of her other bed from her room. I was having trouble rearranging the room to suit this new bed. I have no money, so I need to rework this room without spending anything at all.Before Shots:Ally's Princess Bed. Note: There is no valance above her window.

The non-functional changing table. Or rather, the Lauren Jungle Gym.

Table and Magnetic Board.

Bed and Bookshelf.

Chandelier, closet and door.

The rest of the closet.
The after:They got a rod for my valance and put it up for me.

Ally's big girl bed. Her old bedspread fit on this one. It looks nice.

They put some cute shelves up and grabbed some stuff around the room to gussy them up.

Lauren's crib didn't move. There was really no where else to put it.

They made
their dressers one big one. The only problem I have had with this room arrangement is that Lauren now helps herself to the top two drawers near the crib. So that means her socks and
jammies are all over the room now.

They put the changing table in the closet to use as storage. Since I wasn't utilizing the closet to its fullest before. This also showcases how many dresses my girls have. I don't have a problem. I just really like buying dresses.

Close up of the changing table. The boxes hold all the shoes from the last post. I have also since put toy bins on the shelf with them so I can fit more in the room.

They made a little reading area for the girls. The "Little Sprouts" are on there because I haven't been able to get a bin for them yet.

I eventually hope to cover the closet with material to match the valance. But that will have to be another time.
6 comments:
Wow, I like the new room! And the reading corner is great, I hope I can do that someday for my kids. I love books and hope they do too. (I loved your post about things that bother the sample ladies...hehehe. I was gonna leave a comment that said I was taking notes but didn't get to it. lol) See ya! PS I have an obsession with shoes too. hehe
Looks great!
P.S. Do they still sell those chest of drawers down there? Gotta get me another one if they do! those are the best!!!!
The room looks so wonderful. I'm so glad you were able to get some help. I tend to be no good at things like that and it's always good to get a fresh pair of eyes to see things a little differently. Thinking of you lots these days!!
looks great! They work wonders huh! what did you do with the magnet board you spent so much time on?
It's on the dresser. They can't really use it, but they weren't using it when they could reach it. So it's no big deal.
It looks a lot better! And more functional for you too. How nice of the little ladies in your ward to come help you out. :)
Post a Comment