I have been finding that my job as home room mom hasn't really been too taxing. In fact, after the Halloween Party, I haven't had to do anything. Until this week that is.
I was asked to help out with Teacher Appreciation Week. This included decorating the door and collecting money and purchasing a gift from the parents. It turned out that I couldn't decorate the door, because of the time they needed it done. I wasn't there. I wish I had been able too, because I think I could have done a better job. So I just ended up taking care of the teacher gift and have been collecting money for weeks.
The other thing I was asked to help out with was teaching the class Junior Achievement. I did this in Elijah's Kindergarten class and loved it. I just didn't realize that Teacher Appreciation and Junior Achievement would fall on the same week. For Junior Achievement I go in five times for half and hour and teach about work, economics and business and how they all work together. Pretty easy, even if they totally over explain the directions in the lesson book. But whatever. I've started to adapt the lessons to match my teaching style.
So back to the teacher gift....
I gave Elijah's teacher her teacher gift today. Elijah has a younger teacher who is newly married. Which is about the age I was when I taught. And I thought, you know, when I was a teacher, I got tons of candy, mugs and student made picture frames. I'm going to get her something that I really wanted and would have appreciated as a teacher. So I took all the money and bought her a pedicure from Juicy Nails. I wrapped it up, put it in a card and gave it too her with a flower. And she loved it. She said it was perfect.
I'm awesome!
An Update
1 year ago



2 comments:
Good job Kari! I love decorating the doors for teacher appreciation week! I didn't get to this year and I was sad....but less stressed! :)
I can't wait to be a home mom... hehe NOT.. The gift idea is awesome hope you survive the rest of the year...22 days and counting!!!
Post a Comment