I've never been afraid of the dentist. Of course, I've only had one dentist for most of my life. My Uncle Craig. My cousin Rees has done a bit of work too. It has been nice to completely trust the person doing the work on your teeth.
We knew that we needed to find a local dentist. We really can't drive to California every time we needed to go to the dentist. That feeling was cemented when Ally had a dental emergency when she was two. She nearly knocked out a tooth and needed work done RIGHT THEN. So after a hysterical call to my aunt and uncle we concluded we should find a local pediatric dentist. And we did.
I really like him a lot. He has TV's on the ceiling and introduced me to gas. It has been a lot of fun and my kids now get consistent dental care. Their teeth can thank me later. He's also very good with screaming children. (I'm looking at you Elijah.) He has filled cavities on all three of my kids and it was pleasant.
You noticed I said PEDIATRIC Dentist though? That's right, despite my begging, he wouldn't see Matt and me. So we had to find a new dentist. And my friends recommended another one.
And he is really good. He has a new-fangled X-ray machine and his procedures are very fast. But he lost me somewhere around the words, "You need a crown on this tooth." He also said, "You are not too doing too bad to be (insert my age here) and getting your first crown."
So he has been calling for months. And I don't want to go. It doesn't hurt. Sure it's cracked in three places, and could give at any minute....but I don't want a crown. Horror!
So next month, after our Disneyland trip, I'm probably going to be going in to get it done. Wish me luck.
An Update
1 year ago



2 comments:
I have a cracked tooth, too. Inevitably I will need a crown. Every time I go in, they ask me if it hurts--NOPE. So they let it be. Rees/Dad told me to let them know if it hurts...then they'll do something.
Anyway...if it's not hurting, you ought to ask Rees if it's normal to wait for a crown, or if it's just my particular crack that means I can wait. (P.S. I've been "waiting" for about 5 years!!!!).
Now, aren't you glad we waited to talk to Reese, Kari?
Post a Comment