Lately I've been thinking about mine. I was never the type to have a lot of crushes. During my tween years New Kids On The Block where IT. And I hated them. I thought they were awful. Sadly, I was the only one I knew who hated them. In 7th grade I was the only one who didn't go to the concert. I didn't like Joey from Blossom and I can't think of any fellows my age I liked. So what were my crushes?
They can be divided into two categories. Old Actors and Contemporary Guys.
We'll start with the Old Actors.
Gregory Peck
I remember the first time I saw him in a movie. It was Alfred Hitchcock's "Spellbound" in which he plays a man who escapes from a Mental Hospital during a psychotic break. More or less. I thought he was amazing. Next I saw "Roman Holiday".My second Crush:
Paul Newman
The first time I saw HIM was in "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." And while Tennessee Williams films and play are usually a little too depressing for me, I like this one. (Even though it is nothing like the play, or maybe that's why I like it.) I was watching this movie in college when a roommate walked in. It was during the scene where he was taking off his shirt btw, and she asked, "WHO IS THAT!? He is amazingly hot." Yes he is. Or was.... Another of the movies I like with him in it is "The Long Hot Summer." That is where he met his wife.Now for the more contemporary crushes. Keep in mind "contemporary" is relative. lol
River Phoenix
I had a harder time finding a good picture of him. I first saw him on "Stand By Me" but that is not where my crush started.
I think it actually started with this movie:
Recognize it? He was Indiana Jones in The Last Crusade. When he was a Boy Scout and they explored Utah back then I guess.Here is another one of him:
I know, I know. You're probably all wondering, "Boy I can't believe he died of a drug overdose! That's shocking." Well I liked him.Michael Hutchense
Well these pictures are only thumbnails dang it.

Know who he is? Kerstin, I know you know. HE is the lead singer for INXS. And I love INXS. I love nearly everything they put out. In fact, I still listen to them.Do you know what all these guys have in common? They are all dead. I'm not going to get into what they died of. (Especially you Michael.) But all my crushes died. And I don't want any new ones.
Actually, there is one left. The fact he was a crush of mine didn't seem to hurt him any. :)
First time I saw him he was dressed as a nerd. Of course the first time I saw him he was on 21 Jumpstreet. Since then he has been ENORMOUSLY popular. It used to be the weirdest role he had was "Crybaby." Not so anymore. Johnny Depp, you are awesome. But you'll always be a nerd to me.



2 comments:
Johnny Depp is HOT! And I love Crybaby, because he plays a greaser-type, and I love them. HOT!
Naomi
I like all of your crushes. I especially have one on Mr. Depp, and of course I really loved River when he was still around. Also, I like Ethan Hawke, especially in Before Sunrise. Oh la la!
Your "old" actors are great picks too.
Post a Comment