Sunday, August 7, 2011

Griffindor's vs. the Aquarium

My kids were overjoyed to get two different sets of cousins in town at the same time. The first family we got to see was the Griffin's. We wanted to spend the day with them. So drove up to Salt Lake to meet them at the Mexican Restaurant of Matt's choice. Which I forget the name of, but is pictured behind me in the picture below.

We are all looking cute and ready to see the Griffin's. For the most part.
After lunch we went to The Living Planet Aquarium. Because we had never been and they have penguins. So we went to go see it. I have to say, it reminded me of Cabella's. Except it wasn't just local fish and we had to pay a lot of money.

Ally and Tim gazing at the penguins.
Then we went to the Stingray petting. I discovered that I don't like to touch stingrays. And Matt is really quick with the camera. Dang it.
Ally and Alexis like to gaze at the stingrays. As a matter of fact, there was a lot of fish gazing going on. Gazing at turtles. Gazing at seahorses. Gazing at Eels. I paid a lot of money to gaze at stuff...
Elijah and Tim. Too cool for us mortals. And Lauren.
They did have this cute little reading nook. It looked like a boat. If there was a couch, I would have spent more time in there.
Riding the frog. This is not a real frog. Because that would have made Lauren scream. In fact, this is the only place we went this summer where Lauren DIDN'T scream. Maybe I should consider going back....
After the aquarium we went to the Griffin's hotel and went swimming! Elijah was especially thrilled because he got to go in a HOT TUB. For no more than five minutes at a time, but still...A HOT TUB!
Eden, my lily pad. She loved swimming for the first time. I think this is the last time we will be using our trusty lily pad. Which has been my all time favorite pool toy. It is awesome not having to watch your kids in the pool. (JUST KIDDING!)
After the pool we took off the El Pollo Loco and partook of dinner.

Elijah and Tim are playing. I think. No one was harmed in the making of this blog post.

And because he isn't in any of the pictures...Nick was there too!
Ally and Alexis love to play together!!
Hopefully someday we can do it again. Anyone else want come see us and do some Utah related activities?

No comments: