I went to Toys R Us yesterday. I was trying to find toy ideas for Easter. I did just candy last year and regretted it when I had pastel candy everywhere. So I decided on toys this year and a couple candies.
So Ally and I were looking at the girl stuff. I wasn't sure if she would want My Little Pony or Barbie stuff. (Barbie stuff won, by the way.) We kept looking around and came to the dolls. I hear Ally say, "I want THAT doll!!" I look and see in front of us, a bin of Raggedy Ann and Raggedy Andy dolls.
Now when I was a little girl there wasn't Dora, or Thomas. No Princess bedding or Cars toy boxes. There was Raggedy Ann and Hollie Hobbie. I had Hollie Hobbie bedding and we dressed up as Raggedy Ann one year for Halloween. And to hear my daughter say she wanted a Raggedy Ann doll brought tears to my eyes. I held up the doll and said, "Really? You like this doll?"
Ally's reply, "Yuck."
Yuck? YUCK! How insulting... But I figure in twenty years or so, her daughter can insult princesses. What she actually wanted was a life like baby doll (Baby So Real) behind the bin of Raggedy Ann dolls. Silly me.
An Update
1 year ago



No comments:
Post a Comment