A couple weeks ago, I was leaving my weekly Sit N' Chat, the girls night hang out every Thursday. I was leaving my friends house later then usual, because I got a little involved. So it was about 12:30 am when I was leaving. When I got to the end of her street, I started to turn right onto the major road. I was going to pull a California stop, but my plans were cut short by the cop who started to turn onto the street I was leaving. So I stopped a little short and definitely fast, with a big jerk. Which I don't normally like to do, but you know how it is? I didn't want them to think I wasn't going to stop.
I became worried when the cop pulled to a stop on the other side of the road from me. I didn't know what to make of this, so decided to proceed with caution. I turned onto the major street and then only had a block to my street. As soon as I finished the turn I realized that a cop was further behind me and was a little freaked out and swerved a little in my attempts to watch them and make sure they turn on the street I had just come from. But I drove the speed limit and very cautiously, because it was making me nervous. (Now who wouldn't be nervous at this point?)
I turned onto my street and felt I was home free (literally). Suddenly, about halfway home, when suddenly lights are flashing behind me. What the...? I pull over and the cop gets out and shines the flashlight in my face.
"Where are you going in such a hurry?" he asks.
"Um...home?" I say/ask. I wasn't sure if that was the right answer.
"Where did you come from?" he questions.
"My friends house." I answer.
"Who is your friend?" he interrogates.
"Jamie." I say.
"Where does she live."
K: "Somewhere on (insert street name). But I don't know the exact address."
"Were you coming from a party?"
K: "Noooo. Just a bunch of women, sitting around...chatting." (Unfortunately he missed my pun completely.)
"You do realize it looks suspicious that we get a domestic violence call and you are speeding away as soon as we arrive?"
K: "I'm sorry?"
"And you were swerving into a snow bank. It looks extremely suspicious."
(Swerving into a snowbank? For crying out loud! I didn't hit anything!)
K: "I'm sorry, I was watching you guys watch me."
"All right. You can go."
And he graciously waved me on home.
So I was pulled over for leaving the scene of a crime and acting suspicious. You've got to be kidding. I've acted suspicious many times before this and never gotten pulled over for it before.
An Update
1 year ago



6 comments:
(your city) PD: Protecting You from Yourself since 1950.
Were you wearing all black? (Hee, Hee)
LOL! So you were the domestic abuser? :)
I wasn't in black, but Matt's car is all black. I blame it on his car entirely.
I guess I was the abuser. Although, Matt was on the other side of the ward, so I don't know how much damage I could have done.
Yes, our police are good at protecting everyone from imagined crimes.
LOL only would happen to you, domestic abuse...hmm I wonder where the call was for..??
Christian got pulled over in your same city when we were dating. The cop asked me if I was alright and actually "wanted" to be with the person I was with.
I guess he figured an old pickup truck did fit with me, a beautiful high-class looking woman!
Post a Comment