Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Snow Day

If it's the last thing I do, I will catch up on my blogging. I can't believe I went months without having anything to having one a day.

Since everyone else has talked about their snow day, I must talk about it too. It went from the 70's to the 30's in a day and a half and we were the proud owners of over a foot or snow. We are talking 16 inches in my yard. While it was fun, it was quite the way to ruin a nice spring break. But we made lemonade out of 16 inches of lemons and went out in the snow.

The kids bundled up in their heavy winter clothes, which I hadn't quite gotten put away. And I'm so glad I didn't. What a waste of energy that would have been. The only exception was Lauren, who after spending the winter playing in wet jeans, I had hauled Elijah's old 3T snowsuit out. Only to have it never snow again.

Ally loved the snow. She is showing me Elijah's old gloves.

Elijah condescended to wear his Speed Racer hat that mommy talked him into.
Wait? Who's that random little boy?
It looks suspiciously like Lauren.
Oh there is my little imp. She looks cute, even in boy clothes.


Ah for the days when I could actually spend fun money on the kids clothes.

No comments: