Saturday, July 31, 2010

Vegas in a Blink

For Christmas Matt received a generous gift card from his employer. The gift card was for Chili's however. Neither one of us are Chili lovers, so I consulted the back of the card for other acceptable restaurants.

They were

On The Border
Macaroni Grill
Maggiano's

I started jumping for joy

I have never heard of On The Border, but we do have a Macaroni Grill half a mile from our house. But that wasn't what had me jumping for joy. That's right Maggiano's.

I had been to Maggiano's with my mom, sister and sister in law. It was the best Italian Food I had ever had. And I'm not a huge fan of it. But Matt is and since that lunch a few years ago I had wanted to take Matt there. And here I held a gift certificate for the place.

Only one problem. The closest one is in Vegas.

We called my parents and asked if they wanted to go on a short trip with us. Several months later we got around to going! It was a two day trip. The primary goal was this restaurant. Here are some pictures of the trip.

Lauren picked her seat first. Here she is, ready to go!
Lauren was REALLY good on the drive. As long as she had her pacifier and the movie player on.
All that Ally needed was a constant supply of junk food.
Once we got there, daddy got to go swimming with ALL the kids. My parents and I watched from the side of the pool. (The drive was really hard on me, as well as the 111 degree temperatures.
What a lucky daddy!
Eating at Maggiano's!
Um...we did talk. But these pictures were taken during dessert. No talking allowed.
Look how good my kids are being!

It was fun, but quick trip. I would love to do it again. But next time, maybe we could spend time there!

No comments: