Elijah and Ally's first day were a week apart. He started third grade and she started Kindergarten. I didn't think to take pictures HIS first day, so these are of HER first day.
She was so excited for school! She has been wanting to go with her friends for over a year now. She was so excited.Unfortunately the excitement didn't last the day. She seemed a little overwhelmed by the end of the day. She told me she didn't like to sit on the floor (sadly that doesn't go away until Jr. High) and it was too long.
The next day she told me her teacher was mean. She told her to stop picking her nose in front of the whole class. This embarrassed Ally and she told me the teacher was mean. (That is a little mean!)
Last I checked though all was fine. She was having fun finding the gingerbread man!
When I took this picture I didn't realize how many stains were on Elijah's shirt or how short those shorts were. It was one of those days that I picked out one thing and he put on a completely different thing. It did prompt me to go through both of their wardrobe and pull out things that were too small.
Elijah in front of his classroom. He has really liked his teacher. He has only gotten in trouble once this year.
I was a little worried when the new principal knew his name after a week. That didn't bode well. Elijah told me he is trying to learn every child's name. Phew! And I was worried. (Actually, I'm still worried that he would know Elijah's name after a week when there are a whole school worth of children to remember.)




2 comments:
That is a little bit mean!
I thought so, especially since Ally said she wasn't picking her nose and eating it. He hands were just in her mouth.
Post a Comment