At the beginning of the month it became clear that I was going to be heading to California to have a tooth looked at by my Uncle Craig. A dentist here diagnosed me with a filling replacement and a crown. Since I wasn't in pain, and Matt was in pain we had his filling replaced first. Then Matt lost his job before we could get to mine and there went the awesome dental insurance.
My Uncle and cousin have done all the major work in my mouth. All of it. Since my uncle was on a mission, but coming home soon, I decided to wait to see if he could do it. He came home and was willing to do it, BUT he was leaving again in three months after extending his mission by a year and he had an extremely full schedule the whole time. It came down to two days. September 15th or October 15th. Oh yes, for those who don't know, they live in Orange County, CA.
My parents offered to take me down with them since they were going down for my dad to work at a surfing tournement down there. My mom wanted to be with her mother. They would be gone for about two weeks.
I agreed to go. Really I didn't see any other way to get the tooth looked at before he left. We had no IDEA what we were agreeing to.
At this point I could start a list of how horrible it was or I could tell you all the wonderful things that happened....but I will list highlights instead. Good or bad.
1.) Lauren doesn't sleep well if there is a tv in the room she is sleeping in.
2.) I don't sleep well with Lauren. But I do with Eden.
3.) Lauren didn't sleep much through the trip, and neither did I.
4.) When Lauren is tired she hates being in cars. And she screams bloody murder. And she is completely irrational.
5.) I love Maggianos. I went there for my birthday.
6.) I didn't need a crown. But my mother needed two and my father needed one.
7.) My parents are kind of cranky after they get dental work. But only if you are around them the day or so afterward.
8.) I was around both of them the day or so afterward.
9.) My parents were awesome though. They understood my love for Boston Market.
10.) My grandma and aunt are very generous when a toddler/preschool is screaming a lot. They find ways to get us out of the house.
11.) Disneyland was awesome. Halloween Time had started. Lauren only screamed a couple of times.
12.) Lauren really, REALLY likes Tinkerbell.
13.) My parents car is really small when you add two car seats in the mix.
14.) If you are traveling in a car with a child recently potty trained, do yourself a favor and put a diaper on her. Someone liked to ask to go potty after the last bit of civilization disappeared on the horizon.
15.) Arizona is hot and I don't want to ever move back.
16.) Eden is such a quiet baby, no one knew she was there.
I have many stories, but I will refrain for telling all of them. I will, in my next few posts, share some pictures.
An Update
1 year ago



No comments:
Post a Comment