Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Pinewood

We were privileged to participate in our very first Pinewood Derby.

That's right, our very first.

The car ended up being a combined effort between Elijah, my dad, Matt and me. Talk about a team effort. I'm quite proud of it, if I do say so.
Elijah was giddy with excitement. He was sure he was going to win.

And the maddness began. Everything about the Derby was chaos.
They raced six times. And Elijah came in 1st or second almost every time.
But in the end he didn't get 1st, 2nd or 3rd. His friend Blake beat him out with his Zelda car.

And despite our warnings, he was crushed.

And there's always next year.

And next year, apparently we're racing boats. Not cars. Ever heard of a Raingutter Regatta?

So the real question is...now that we have the car down, anyone know how to build a boat?

1 comment:

Dead Poet said...

I built a really really REALLY small one out of toothpicks once for my middle schools version of it. I won too.