Monday, April 25, 2011

Eden, the Misnomer

When we named the baby Eden, I had illusions delusions of a peaceful, calm baby. Nothing like my other children who walked early and were gifted with their gross motor skills.

I was wrong.

Totally.

I had flashbacks of Lauren when I saw this.
Now there's a kid who wants to see what's going on.

Which quickly turned to this:
Now here's a kid who not only knows she's missing something, but wants to be a part of it.

So we tried to forestall the crawling with a couple lame and ineffective attempts like this one:
But in the end, it did not good.

I have THIS situation every 10 minutes:
So I was wrong.

Eden doesn't mean "A state of innocence, bliss, or ultimate happiness."

I'm going with this definition instead, "An event or experience that is intensely distressing." Or even better "One that causes trouble, agony, or annoyance."

What was I thinking?

But it's still a cute name for an adorable baby.

2 comments:

Kari said...

What a cutie pie....I hardly ever see her cry.....did you pinch her!

Kari said...

What the!??? Mom are you posting using my name again?