I have to admit, I was wondering what would happen with Lauren, as delayed as she has been. But I'm pleased to report that I think she is doing great. It feels like a switch has gone off all of a sudden. I don't know if it's the special education preschool, the treatment for her bacteria or just because she is four, but she is getting things suddenly.
Last month Lauren had her birthday. We threw presents at her and for the first time we gave her a party. With friends.
She loved it.
Before we get ahead of ourselves let me describe Lauren.
Lauren is:
Sweet
Bossy
Order-oriented
Dramatic
Weepy
Fun
Musical
Clever
Fashionable
A Diva
Clueless
Smart
Sweet
Bossy
Order-oriented
Dramatic
Weepy
Fun
Musical
Clever
Fashionable
A Diva
Clueless
Smart
Ah I love that little girl. This year has to have been the hardest I've ever had as a mother. This winter was relentless for me. She saw more doctors than I thought possible. But things have settled down and I can actually see all my efforts paying off. I am excited to see what the future will bring for her. I feel privileged to have the chance.
Lauren's main passion this year has been Tinkerbell. For a while even calling her "My Tinkerbell" when she saw her anywhere. She even got to meet Tinkerbell at Disneyland. At bedtime (when she should be sleeping) she dresses up as Tinkerbell. She also plays with the dolls and watches the movies. That kid LIKES Tinkerbell. My favorite story was when my Aunt got her a HUGE Tinkerbell balloon. It was very real to her. She spoke to it, played with it but tragedy hit when she tried to go to sleep with it. Tinkerbell did not want to stay does and after some wrestling, the
Lauren was completely potty training this year. It may have taken the ENTIRE year, but she did it and we are beyond proud. We are pleased that this was accomplished before her birthday (because we were really worried that it would be when she was four she was done potty training). But she did it. Due to some major cleverness (over doing it on the grape juice ) on her parents part, she overcame her fear of the toilet and "let her rip" so to speak with only minor freaking out. We are so pleased.
Since Lauren likes Tinkerbell so much, the same Aunt that provided the Tinkerbell balloon, got her Tinkerbell party supplies. Thank you Aunt Emmie! She even got a Tinkerbell pull-string pinata. So we invited six of her friends.
We started with the pinata. I had the perfect plan. I figured the activity would take up about 20-30 minutes. Which is good because it was the only activity I had planned and I had a whole hour to fill.
So I lined up the kids and started with Lauren. And she got the right string on her first try!! (This I found aggravating, let me tell you.)
Not one to let little things get me down we moved on to the cake. After forgetting it last year, I made sure to make a big deal about it this year.
Lastly the presents which Lauren loved getting. For the first time we have Polly Pockets in out house, which all the girls have enjoyed.
We also got Lauren a wagon. Because she didn't know what one was. But she loves it and I love not having to carry Eden everywhere!



2 comments:
Thanks for sharing Lauren's big milestones AND her birthday!
I also really love her hair like that!
I am pretty sure I posted to this a few days ago...twilight zone moment...
Post a Comment