Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Missionary Farewell

First off I need to update on the sleep situation. Eden is starting to get it. She is still waking up one or two times, but at least one of those we make her cry it out. And she falls back to sleep. And the world doesn't come to an end. It's amazing. In the middle of the night she also will go back to sleep without a fuss if I put her back in bed. During the day she is nursing less. I did reintroduce her to a bottle. She is taking formula periodically. She is okay with it.

My sleep has been returning to normal. I now realize I was more tired that I realized as I can now form complete thoughts again and am pleasant to be around. Matt loves this new sleep schedule. Elijah has been the loser in all this. He sleeps on the couch every night. I let him know he has two weeks and then he needs to share with her. We have a guest coming who will need the sofa.Thanks to the new sleep schedule and not having to go three times a day to pick up children from school, I am able to have more energy to clean my house. I am happy.


Ah yes, this is supposed to be about Missionaries.

Two to be exact. Matt's parents were able to go on a At-Home mission. This included the MTC. And of course they wanted to bask in grand parental adoration at our house. Who wouldn't?

It was a good experience for my kids to see their Grandparents before they entered the MTC. Their grandfather was especially excited. The enthusiasm was contagious.
Eden looks at everyone like this the first time. And now WHO is THIS?
The older kids had to go to school the Monday we took his parents into the MTC. She they said their goodbye's at the door.
Matt's dad isn't that short and Elijah isn't that tall. He's holding Elijah up. :)
Get this, they let Senior Missionaries go on Facebook, call their family and LEAVE the MTC. So we picked them up and went with them to Cold Stone.
And here they are, entering the MTC. Fare the Well, Missionaries.

1 comment:

The Zimmermans said...

I think sleep depravation is at the heart of most post-partum depression. I didn't give birth to my kids, but sleep depravation made me crazy some nights. Seems like you're getting through things well. Hello to Matt for me!

Kevin Zimmerman
Iowa