Sunday, March 18, 2012

Halloween

This past Halloween was something else. The year before I decided I wanted to make us all costumes and I quickly decided that it would be Harry Potter themed. With so many girls, it is hard to find a theme that works.

So In June I started working on it. And I worked and I worked. With the help of my friend Lacey, I made robes, scarves, skirts, a corset and more. It was tons of work.

So here is how our Halloween shaped up:

1.) At the last minute we carved pumpkins. We were pleased that we only had to buy a couple because we grew a couple others in our garden. Garden success!

Here are the kids carving/painting their pumpkins.
Next we went to a ward party. It was our first chance to show off the costumes:
So here we are: I'm Bellatrix LaStrange, Elijah is Harry Potter, Lauren is Luna Lovegood, Ally is Hermoine Granger, Matt is Sirius Black and Eden is Ginny Weasley.

I was especially proud of finding a Death Eater Dark Mark for my costume:
The hardest part was getting a temporary tattoo last for several days until Halloween.

On Halloween we had to go to two different schools. First Elijah had his Halloween Parade. It was kind of cool because the kids stopped in the gym so we could take pictures. It was easier than taking them in the hallway like we usually do.
These are his friends in has new class. And I'm not sure what most of them are for Halloween. lol

Lauren found his parade boring.
After he was done we went to Ally's parade. At hers we DID have to catch her in the hallway. Some of Elijah's friends asked me where he had gone to. That was a little sad. I told them they would see him again. What I didn't say was it would probably be in high school.

Ally looking cute:
Last we went Trick or Treating in the neighborhood. In costume.
It was pretty warm so it was nice.
That's it for Halloween!
Happy Halloween from US!!

No comments: