Saturday, February 23, 2008

Another one bites the dust

When we moved into our house, all of out appliances were pretty ancient. Immediately upon moving in, the stove died. That followed quickly by the realization that the fridge wasn't running as well as we hoped and was just gross. Bad smell and freezing food. So we replaced those, and bought a washer and a dryer. So instead of an avocado stove, I have a white one and we have a white side by side fridge. That left the black dishwasher and the avocado oven.

Yesterday, I think we lost the dishwasher. It is not filling up with water consistently, the dial is not rotating around and a bad smelling burning oder came out of it. I really hope this means the end of my dishwasher. But now we get to test out home warranty and see what they will do. I can't wait.
Just a note, if the oven goes out we are in trouble. They don't make ovens that small anymore, so we would have to replace the cabinets and counter tops as well.

3 comments:

Jenna said...

Oh my!!!! I guess it's nice to think that you are pretty much guaranteed a kitchen remodel! (:

Alan J said...

Speaking of dishwashers... What's the point of a dishwasher if you have to wash everything before you put it in the dishwasher? Newsflash: if you're doing that, with or without the burning smell, it's time for a new dishwasher.

princess jen said...

What a nice kitchen you'll have with all your new appliances!