Thursday, December 25, 2008

It's Time

It has been a while, I know. It's Christmas. I've been busy. So sue me. We have had various Christmas activities the last couple of weeks. Let me see if I can sum them up.

1.) Gingerbread House
Jamie gave us a Gingerbread House and my kids enjoyed it. This is a picture of Ally and Elijah decorating the house with candy and Lauren filling her mouth with candy.

2.) Snow

And more snow and more snow.
This is a picture of Ally making a "snowman." If you call pulling snow in a pile and patting a snowman, then this is your kind of snowman. This is obviously before we got some good snow, but boy did she have fun. We need to take her out for some real snowman making lessons.
Did I say snow? This is after ONE of the storms. We are digging out the cars so we can get out of the driveway. We also discussed sooner rather then later, buying a snow blower. Living on a corner is a lot of hard work.

3.) Singing

I've sung a couple more times, but no film of any but there are pictures from the Ward Christmas Party.

Here were are singing "Let It Snow." You may be shocked to learn we did this with no practices. (Hence me reading the music.) You also can't see it, but we were pelting people with "snow" balls during the "Let it snow" part of the song.
Our next act was the three little singing girls, whom Ally SWORE were puppets. I explained they were just our heads. She didn't believe me. You'll have to guess which one is me. Too bad there is a pole in the way.

There is film footage of this that I am deciding if I actually want to put up.

4.) Ally's Christmas Program

Every year we go to a Retirement Center for the Preschool Christmas Program. While Elijah's first year he was jumping off chairs, Ally just pulled her shirt over her head and hide behind her friend Susanna. I guess is was "Shy Ally's" day.
I didn't get so see too much of the show. I was trying to keep Lauren from entering into TOO many old folks rooms.

There is also film footage of this as well. And I may or may not post this also.

5.) Family Room Finished

For Christmas my mom wanted to have her Family Room finished and usable. We got a lot closer to the usable part then the finished part. But we spend a bulk of our time sanding and painting walls. And putting up molding. It was fun, trust me.

When it was finished we helped my mom and dad decorate their Christmas tree. This was on Christmas Eve eve. There is no window sill yet, but isn't the room lovely?

6.) Lauren

This is just a funny shot of Lauren standing in a drawer and I wanted to share. I think she is after the Gingerbread houses, what do you think?

1 comment:

Jenna said...

I'm excited to see your mom's house sometime! It looks really, really nice in the picture!

Fun Christmas times!