It's official. I have lived out my mother's curse. Come on, everyone has had The Curse right? When we were our very worst and most frustrating, didn't every mother yell, "I HOPE YOU HAVE ONE JUST LIKE YOU."
I just saw my oldest daughter do something, that up until this moment was a habit unique to me. Let me 'splain.
I have periodically complained about Ally's peeing problem. She is potty trained, but she pees and pees and PEES in her pants. For months this has been going on. A couple months ago I realized that she is doing EXACTLY what I would do at this age. (Okay, yes, I am admitting to peeing my pants past the age when it would have been um....appropriate.)
I think up until I was about seven I would get very engrossed in my must-have-been-really-really-engrossing play. I would hold my urine until it was almost, but not quite, too late. And when I finally decided to make my way to the bathroom, I would wiggle and dance and squirm my way there. And more often than not, I could make the "sensation" disappear.
This is not something I admit proudly, but come on! I just saw Ally do the same thing. I saw her dancing and squirming. And I jumped in with:
"Ally! Go, Go, Go to the bathroom!!!"
And Ally squirms for a minute more and then stops, grins and says:
"I don't have to anymore!"
I'm still laughing. (Well, after I checked the carpet for a pee stain.) I felt like I was looking at a little me.
So, this one is for you mom! You win! I'm getting my just desserts!
An Update
1 year ago



7 comments:
I think that this is the reason that both of my children are ear-piercingly loud..
I remember as a child screaming at the top of my lungs and thinking to myself that it was cool how I sounded just like one of those fireworks that whistles.
And my parents called me "Shrieky"
Don'tcha love that?? I look at Anya and I wonder how I didn't drive my mother absolutely bonkers with all my chattiness!
HA HA HA! How funny!
I beginning to wonder if my mom thought it crazy how much I loved to talk to her...well...Matthew's giving me a taste of that!
Do I own up to that last one (grammar and all?!). That was actually me, Jenna...not David posting.
I hoped it was you Jenna, David's never written here before. If it helps, I commented under your name on Alan and Jen's. So no worries!
I find it interesting to pick out what traits each kid has that are similar to mine. It is sometimes fun, other times you groan! I just hope my kids aren't irrational worriers like me!
Post a Comment