We are done! DONE I tell you! We have finished all six Star Wars Movies and boy was it fun, actually. And since my last post about my life apparently depressed my mother, I will try for something not so honest this time.
While watching I noticed an amazing amount of quotable lines. So I made a list, of the things I can apply to my own life. These aren't necessarily my favorite though. I just couldn't figure out what I learned from, "Hi, I'm Luke Skywalker and I'm here to rescue you" other then being friendly. (HA, I included it anyway Matt!) Boy did I forget how fun these movies are. I keep asking myself, WHY don't we own them again? Although I am tempted to go back and watch all three versions of the origin series. Some of the changes were, goofy, to say the least. Lucas just didn't ask me when he decided to make changes.
But oh, yes. My list. In no particular order.....actually this is the order I thought of them....Everything you need to know About Life, you can learn from Star Wars:
1.) "Do or Do Not, there is no Try." -Yoda
Wow, do I like saying this to Elijah, although now he actually knows where is comes from.
Half-hearted attempts at anything is not wanted. We do it until we succeed. To say you will "try" implies an assumed failure in the future. Only do it, if you are going to do it. And if you don't know how, figure it out.
2.) "Luminous Beings are we, not this crude Matter." -Yoda
Come on! We are not made from dirt! We are Divine Beings with a Divine Purpose. I can't help it. I like this quote. Yoda is awesome. I wished he lived at my house. Wait, I'd better be careful or my parents will move him into out home and out of theirs.
Just some interesting Star Wars quotes on their universes theology? How nice.
3.) "I have a Sister?" -Luke Skywalker
There is something about finding out you have a sister that turns guys into overprotective slugs. Luke almost killed his own father for trying to use her. Isn't that great though? Wouldn't it have been nice to know that if any guy had made one misstep, he would have ripped the guys head off? Now I need to train Elijah to react this way about his sisters. He will have his work cut out for him.
4.) "What I told you is the truth.... from a certain point of view." -Obi-Wan Kanobi (This was said to Luke after Luke asked him why he lied about his father being killed by Darth Vader.)
Everyone has their own perspective driven from their own experiences and personal mindset. I am often amazed how often others judge people for their actions. But later, when they hear the reasoning behind it, it made complete sense. Boy if they had only known ALL the facts, they may not have been quite so cruel. Everyone, in essence, has their own truth. You never know what hidden truths are driving a person to make the decisions they have.
Plus it almost looks like Obi-Wan is giving me permission to LIE. How NICE!
6.) "You are unwise to lower your defenses." -Darth Vader
Don't lower your guard around the enemy. They don't have your best interests at heart, that is why they are your enemy. Protect yourselves! And don't be lured in the Dark Side. (Come on, you need at least one Dark side joke. They are almost as fun as Dam jokes.)
7.) "Your overconfidence is your weakness." -Luke Skywalker
Having confidence, without overconfidence is hard. There is a fine line that some people walk between them. But if you make others unhappy around you and are never wrong in any situation. You are overconfident and it is annoying. And it is what is commonly referred to as PRIDE. Really, no one can be right ALL the time. It's impossible.
8.) "I find your lack of faith disturbing." -Darth Vader
Isn't it though? Whether we are talking about faith in another human being or a Heavenly Being, someone who has no faith disturbs me. To be happy, don't we have to have faith in something? Be it, Heavenly Father, your husband, your parents or just ice cream. Without faith, there is no hope. I wouldn't want to live a life with no hope.
9.) "You are going down a path I can not follow." -Padme
How many times is this true? We have to choose a different paths from friends and family members because you can not go where they are going. For whatever reason, it goes against you moral fiber, moral code, or it just plain feels wrong to you. But how heartbreaking to realize that.
10.) "Your thoughts dwell on your mother." -Yoda
HORROR! Anikin's ultimate downfall was his fear and hatred. He feared too much about what could happen to his loved ones. To the point that it ate him alive and when it came time to choose good or evil, for some reason killing innocents made sense to him. Like Anikin, if we live our life in fear and worry, we will not be prepared to make appropriate choices.
And yes, I put this just to irk my mother.
11.) Always let the Wookie win. -Han Solo
Hello? Did I even have to put this one down. Let it be known, if you are playing ANYTHING with a Wookie, let him win.
An Update
1 year ago



5 comments:
#7.... Alan is always right, all of the time... just ask him!
My first reaction to Jen's comment was, "what the?!" But after reading #7 more closely i have to correct Kari instead - i think it's totally possible to be right all of the time. :) But i really do like your list. On another level, i think as you talk about the Force, etc. that the Star Wars movies have a lot of spiritual/religous connections as well. I also really like your explanation behind #10.
Well seven weeks ago a did a whole post on the force and didn't want to keep pontificating on the force. But I agree. I see tons more spiritual connections then I said, but after my last post, I was trying for funnier...
Loved this one Kari! Well done. :)
Kari,
Roseli made me watch all 6 Star Wars movies in the order that they were supposed to take place chronologically (not by release date). I liked the earlier releases best -- they're slower paced with more dialogue. I'm going to foward this to my wife. She loves Star Wars, and you picked out some great quotes.
Post a Comment