Tuesday, July 28, 2009

4th of July

So here I am, finally to July, at the end of July.

The 4th was a really fun and busy day. I started the day with my sister, Heather, and her husband Darren. They drove me down to Provo to do the Freedom Run 5K. So I've never done a 5K. And I have to say it was fun. I ran it in 37:58 (I think) and stayed with Heather the whole time.

Quite accidently we wore the same colors while we ran, so we looked like The Matchy-Matchy Twins while we ran. It was kind of funny, but I don't have a picture of it. I got light headed afterwards and almost fainted. So I learned something. Eat before you run. I am a night runner. I didn't realize the difference.

After the 5K we went to Magleby's Fresh for breakfast. I have never been before and now want to go on a constant basis. I talked Matt into going a week later. Just so he could see what he missed out on. And he liked it. So I want to go again...if anyone wants to go again? Let me know.

After I came home a slept off my run for a few hours, we went to my parents and hung out with family for a while. Here are some pictures of the fun:

Lyric, Ally and Lauren playing in the pool.
Tian, Ally and Lauren with Lyric jumping in the pool.
The girls watching the fireworks. Lauren apparently moves really quickly.
Karyn holding Lauren during the scary fireworks.

1 comment:

Jen said...

You did AWESOME on your 5K!! Looks like you had a lot of fun the rest of the day as well :D

I'm up for Magelby's Fresh! YUM!