Monday, October 12, 2009

Birthday Baby

It is alarming how fast my babies have grown. I can't believe my daughter is five. Since she is, by far, the quietest of my children, I'm going to help everyone get to know her better.

Ally is sweet and kind.She loves playing with friends.

When Ally is sick she has a "head dick" and her "throw up" hurts. (Head ache and throat hurts.)

Ally is lactose intolerant and has a very sensitive stomach. She throws up a lot.
She can get a long with anyone. She is very adaptable.

She has texture issues. She doesn't like certain fabrics touching her arms, legs or shoulders. So she is often in sleeveless because I can't get her in anything else.
She loves make up and doing hair.

Ally loves musicals, but doesn't necessarily like to sing herself.
She REALLY loves baking. Her fondest wish is to get a Kitchen Aide Mixer.


For her birthday party I thought I would give her her other fondest wish and invite her friends over for baking. Because it stresses me out to bake with kids, I wanted the numbers to be limited a bit.

So she invited the girls in her Primary class, both of them (Jo and Ellie). And one couldn't come (Ellie). And she invited a couple of girls she has grown up with (Anya and Peyton). And a neighbor girl, who goes to the Spanish ward, but Ally plays with quite a bit and they love each other, (Brianna). She also invited Addie from school, but Addie couldn't come either. So much to my happiness and Ally's chagrin, we had four girls.
We started by making English Muffin Pizza's. (Anya, Ally and Jo.)
Then Fruit Kabobs. (Demonstrated by Anya.)
Pizza's by Brianna.
Peyton, just watching.


And then they each got to decorate their own 6" cake. (Which I baked and pre-frosted.) Since I had extras Elijah and Lauren got involved.
(All the girls plus Elijah with their decorated cakes.)

Next we opened her presents. Ally loved them all.

We got her American Girl doll, Julie. And I thought the other girls wouldn't care. I was wrong. They all gathered around the doll in awe (including Lauren). I eventually had to take it away and let them gaze at it longingly. I sent them upstairs to play for a while. Amazingly, all five (six with Lauren) had a ton of fun.

Ally likes opening presents. Isn't she cute?
The hallowed Julie doll. Can anyone say 1974 baby!?


When everyone had left and Ally had brushed the dolls hair for a while, she asked, "Can we get the rest of the stuff now?"

M:"What stuff?"

"The other stuff at the store."

M:"Um, the bed? The clothes? The bike? What?"

"Yes."

M: "Um...all of it?"

"Uh-huh."

M: "Oh my. We will have to see."

O Ally, my Ally. Happy Birthday!

8 comments:

Kerri said...

That sounds like such a great party. I am glad everything went so well. I love it when that happens.

Christian Olson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tricia said...

I love when you post the little conversations. I always forget how Amandas conversations but sometimes they are great. Here is the book info I was telling you about. Title. Helping Gifted Children Soar A Practical Guide for Parents and Teachers. Author
Carol A. Strip, Ph.D ith Gretchen Hirsch. Hope you can fine it.

Mika said...

What a cute party! I bet they all had a lot of fun. I am sure that decorating cakes at that age would be a hoot!

Kerstin said...

I loved all the mini-cakes...what a cute idea!

I can't wait until they come out with the 1980's American Girl Doll.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALLIE!

Anonymous said...

Do you think Ally would let me come over and play with her doll? Seriously, that would have been a dream come true for me when I was little.

Kari said...

I think Ally would love for you to come play with it. I think she's afraid to get it out right now because destructo Lauren has taking a shining to it.

Jen said...

How fun!!!