At the beginning of the horrible cough period, we gave Elijah our one and only humidifier. And Delsym. And cough drops. And we sent him to school with a bottle of water. But this cough seemed stuck in his lungs. Dang it. But I hate cases like this. There is no fever and no throwing up. How do I know when to keep them home?
When Matt got his sinus infection we took the humidifier from Elijah and gave it too Matt. There is only one you know. And infection trumps cough. Right?
Well, then I got sick. And my pregnant body was not happy. And by this point, Matt was getting better. So Matt started getting up to take Elijah to school.
But he didn't realize.
He forgot.
The water bottle.
The cough drops.
And most importantly, the Delsym.
And Elijah's coughing got worse at school for a couple of days. Until Friday.
When he coughed so hard he threw up at school. And the teacher sent him home.
She also told Matt (who picked him up because I was with Lauren at a Kids On the Move thing.) that is sounds like Elijah has pneumonia and he should be taken to a doctor.
We took him to a doctor. BUT I didn't think he had pneumonia. I think I would have noticed it. The doctor said it could be walking pneumonia, BUT it was most likely a virus. (Does anyone else hate it when the doctor says that? This is why I didn't take him to the doctor to begin with.)
So now, three days later....
Elijah's cough is just about gone! Yay! And here's to hoping we are all on the mend. I am feeling much better now. Maybe we can leave the house again soon. :)



2 comments:
Sorry to hear you have all been sick. And what is this about Matt losing his job?!
That's why I'm always reluctant to take the kids to the dr. It's always just a virus and I feel like an idiot.
Post a Comment