Saturday, April 3, 2010

The Things You Do For Love

Since it seems that I am going to be a mommy of girls, I am getting used to doing hair. Ally likes her thick, straight hair really simple, nothing fancy. I talk her into a hairband sometimes, but she usually sports her bob. (Which she wants to grow out right now.)

Lauren hates her hair being done. She has wispy, curly hair. I've let it grow out a little more because it suits her. I try some fancy things in her hair, which she usually ruins. A couple times she hasn't let me do her hair at all. Instead, she thrashes and screams and runs away holding her head. Those days she resembles a rag-a-muffin. But a cute one at that. I'm glad I'm not the kind of mom who needs her kids to look perfect.

Lately, the girls have turned the tables on me. They want to do my hair. Lauren, who still doesn't talk much, will run to me and say, "I brush your hair." Okay, go ahead.

I have curly hair myself, so it is kind of torturous. They do this a lot right now, tugging and snarling. Spraying and brushing. Matt was kind enough to take a picture. (I will get him back...)

I call this, How Many Bows Can Fit in Kari's Hair. So aren't I pretty?

4 comments:

Amy said...

So . . . is Lauren Naked? She's right in the center of the picture, so it was the first thing I saw and I kept expecting a joke about it in your post. Cute hair though.

mathoni said...

Yes, Kari, you are pretty. And Amy, Lauren is wearing a diaper. If you blow up the picture, you can see the diaper just to the right (from the viewer's perspective) from Kari's hair.

Kari said...

I actually think she might be in underwear. *shudder* And the state of Lauren's dress is a whole other post. lol

Jenna said...

Super fun! I wonder when my girls will think of doing that...

I remember once when I was about that age, we were at church, and somehow managed to find a bunch of bows, and did the same thing to my mom...right in the pews of sacrament meeting!!!! What a sport...that's all I can say! (: