Okay, so I am assuming that you read the last post before you read this one, because this is a continuation of the last one.
Ally is doing much better and in truth, is still the best out of the three. Lauren on the other hand took a turn for the worse. The fever she had while Ally was sick, broke and I woke up covered in sweat the next morning and she was getting better all Wednesday. But Wednesday Night was horrible. The fever came back and was about 102 degrees and nothing was making it drop. She had it for the whole day, then she wasn't eating, all which is weird for her. She also wasn't moving. The saddest time came when I put her on the ground with two crackers and came back a few minutes later. The crackers were on the ground, untouched, and Lauren was on the ground, next to them, just laying there. The most worrisome thing to me, was the breathing. She was taking quick, shallow breaths. So I took her to the doctor and he couldn't hear anything, but he was still concerned. So he had me get tests, you guessed it, at the HOSPITAL. Twice in two days is a record for me.
I didn't want to bring the other kids, but alas, everyone was busy, so they came with me. While checking in, I saw my cousin, Seth, who apparently volunteer's there. It was good to see him. (That has nothing to do with the story, but I hadn't seen him for a while). So I take Lauren in to get her checked for RSV, via a snot sucker up her nose (which she hated and made her nose bleed), a blood test (which she barely noticed) and a chest X-Ray (which she didn't notice either). The two other kids stood at the foot of the bed with their mouths wide open. Except for the X-Ray where they stood behind the screen with the technician. It was very tiring.
So the prognosis, pneumonia caused by RSV.
An Update
1 year ago



5 comments:
That's too bad. What do they do for pneumonia?
Antibiotics. For the RSV, I wait I guess.
I'm sorry Kari. That really stinks. RSV is scary for brand-new babies or those born premature, but older ones usually manage to pull through... it's more like a super horrible cold. Good luck and I hope you get to stay home tomorrow!
I'm sorry Kari, i hope she gets better soon. i wish we lived closer so we could help out more, sorry you had to go it alone.
Hope everyone gets feeling better soon!!!!
Post a Comment