Sunday, March 23, 2008

And the winner is.....

Definitely NOT us. I was extremely happy. We had the perfect calling. And now it is gone. When we moved to our house we moved Matt away from..a presidency. Okay, so 1st Counceler in the Sunday School isn't a tough job. But it is hard getting three little kids dressed by yourself. Especially when two of them are GIRLS. Then we became Primary teachers Together. And not every Sunday, but twice a month. It was perfect, and just what we wanted.

Well all has been changed and very different now. Matt has been called as Executive Secretary. Not horrible, that would be anything in the Bishopric, but it is pretty darn close. We knew we were doomed when the STAKE PRESIDENT was trying to get a hold of us. So now I am back to getting the kids ready by myself. I am trying to have a good attitude about it.

2 comments:

Kari said...

Matt pointed out that I have a "bad attitude" and yes, okay, so I do. But I am really mostly upset about not sharing a calling like this anymore. I am going to miss him. And I also know that "technically" he is in the Bishopric, but he doesn't have to become a High Priest so I am going with he is not REALLY in it. I am okay with the calling because HE is the one that has to get up for 6:00 am meetings. I just have to get kids dressed. Believe me, I would rather the kids.

Alan J said...

bad attitude schmattitude. I'm all for doing service for a cheerful heart and all, but i draw the line at waking up before 7 on a Sunday.