Friday, March 14, 2008

I think I pulled something...

I went to dances during the time of the running man and Roger Rabbit. I was too concerned for my face to mosh too much and freak dancing turned me off. And while I ballroom danced, I never went club dancing, so my dancing is stuck in a time warp. So I am to the point now where I would sooner do the Paso Doble or Tango than just "dance."

Last night I was playing with the kids. You know, red light/green light, which turned into spinning around and then became Simon Says. So I was trying to fool the kids and show off a little and did the move where you grab onto your foot behind your back and put the other hand behind you head and move in and out. I forget the name of that one, I was never very good at it, but I'm a dork and tried it now. I got one move into it and my back wrenched. Oh yea, the physical therapist said some movements would be hard for me. So I think I pulled a muscle, but the kids thought my pain was hilarious. Next time I will stick to the twirling.

I think this is rather funny now that I could be stupid enough to try it and a big enough dork to remember it. So now I am publicly humiliating myself and telling EVERYONE!!!

5 comments:

Kerstin said...

I hate to admit it, but when I pictured you doing that dance move in my head I actually laughed out loud.

I hope you a speedy recovery. :)

Jenna said...

It's funny to say, but I thought the same thing...I could picture it in my head too...the funnier part is that I pictured you with me trying it right next to you! What is the world coming to!! (:

princess jen said...

I, too, imagined that fancy dance move. Doesn't it suck getting "old"?!

Alan J said...

i must confess i laughed too. Now i have to try it. Then i'm going to hold me ankle and jump over my leg - think i can still do it?
btw, i got my camera back, when do you want to try family pics again? Call me.

annie valentine said...

Painful my friend, painful. We're not as young as we used to be...