So I want to tell some stories about my kids. I kept trying to remember some things my kids had done through the day, only to find, I couldn't remember their names, let alone what they said. So yesterday I went out of my way to remember.
So Elijah asked me this:
"Is Anya my cousin?"
"No," I answer.
"Why?" he asks.
"Because she is just a really good friend. You see her more than most of your cousins so she just feels like a relative."
"Oh," he replies.
Today we were driving by Gold's Gym.
He says, "Gold's Gym has a POOL!!!" This after reading the sign.
"Yep," I say.
"And horses?" He asks.
Horses? What the...?
Oh no honey, that is the word hours, it is open 24 hours a day. No horses sorry.
Ally was in the car.
I ask, "So how was your day, Miss Ally?"
She looks upset.
"What's wrong?" I ask.
"I not Miss Ally," she replies.
"O-kay..." I say, thinking. "How about Princess Ally?"
She grins and says, "Yes, I Princess Ally."
Figures.
Lauren climbing the stairs, having escaped the confines of her gate. She climbs up to the top and turns around with a huge grin.
"Look at you Lauren!" I say.
She points to the stairs. "Yes, yes, I see." It was really cute, but I guess you had to be there.
She did get her first tooth yesterday. FINALLY!!!
An Update
1 year ago



3 comments:
Ah those confusing family relationships.... I also like Ally's new name. Anya insists I call her Pinkalicious now.
I like Pinkalicious. It suits her.
My next explaination would have been something like, "Elijah you can't marry Lyric, but you can marry Anya!" I think that would freak him out though.
Brinna was asking me the other day if her cousin Avery is her sister...nope...sorry Brinna, no sisters for you! ): It's interesting...she refers to her cousins as "those guys" or "my friends"...hmmm....we'll have to have a family tree lesson or something!
Post a Comment