Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Which Witch?

Last Monday we went to Gardner Village. I had been their with some friends last November and thought that place rather fun. They had all kinds of promotions throughout the year for the different shops. And I was told about the Witch Scavenger Hunt on October then. I was also shown the Fabric Store, Pine Needles and told about the Doll Shop there, but we didn't go into that shop.
So I decided I was going to take my family to the Scavenger Hunt. But unless we are talking about Disneyland, I'm not fond of crowded places. So we decided to go earlier in the year.
So I went to the website (Gardner Village) and copied the Scavenger Hunt list. Much to my happiness, if we found all the witches we got a $.90 cookie for $.25. So we looked and found them all. I think it is secretly a trick to introduce you to all the shops, but hey, it worked for me.
We ended up eating at Archibald's, the restaurant there. (I found the food good, but not great for the price.) And we also went to the doll shop and Ally was in love with all the clothes for her doll. I think we are going to have to go back. We got cookies and fudge and did some window shopping.
I'd really like to go back without the kids or the men and spend some time looking.
So what do you say? Anyone want to go back with me?

5 comments:

leslie jo said...

I have never been, there for the witches thing... Looks like soo much fun

JAMIE said...

What fun, I love Gardener Village, but I haven't been to the Witches fest.

I worry that my kids would knock stuff down and I'd end up buying hundreds of dollars in broken items.

Kerstin said...

I want to go with you (after I am over this cold!)

Unknown said...

I think its funny mom is like a mile behind everyone else LOL

Jen said...

How fun! We went the other night during Witches Night out and it was complete chaos! I will have to go during the day when you guys went next time. It looks like you had room to breath!