Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Dumping Buckets of Snow

Brrrrr....am I cold! I think this house needs some sort of insulation. Anything would be nice. We have had A LOT of snow. Tons! The kind of snow that makes you think, "I'm not in Kansas Utah anymore, Toto." Elijah had decided that he and daddy should build an igloo this year. And Matt, wanting nothing to do with making snow bricks, decided it should be a snow cave instead.

Of course he didn't tell me his intent and when I saw him piling snow near my car, I thought he was...well...insane. But apparently, there was a method to his madness. So here we have a picture of Elijah and Matt's snow cave. Guest staring, Ally as the person in the snow cave.

The next spot features Elijah, Ally and Lauren. Just previous to this picture, Lauren had set her hand down in the snow and Elijah and Ally found it hilarious when she freaked out that it was, (get this) COLD. She is actually shocked and dismayed by her instantly cold hand.

So Mommy to the "rescue". I am helping dragging Lauren out. You all get to miss the immediate tantrum this caused, but hey, her hands were warm!

4 comments:

Jen said...

It was TONS of snow! I haven't seen snow like this in years! It's so fun! I'm gonna have to come check out the snow cave! How fun!

mathoni said...

Come on! I had a plan all along, silly!

leslie jo said...

That is cool! Jo wants one of those too, but jim said we need a four wheeler, tractor, or at least a better snow shovel before he ventures into it. What a fun dad. Poor Lauren I hate the cold too.

princess jen said...

What a great snow cave! And Lauren isn't the only one surprised by cold hands, Aaron still doesn't seem to get it. He doesn't like to leave his gloves on, but then gets upset when he touches the snow.