Before you think I've completely lost my sense of humor, I need to post what's been going on, the events and such. And even though I should be rearranging my whole house, and cleaning it (it gets worse before it gets better in remodeling right?) I will finish this post I started on Halloween.
Ally turned SIX. I can't believe it. We celebrated her birthday with a Mad Hatter Tea Party with friends and a family party later. But first I need to describe my Ally.
Ally is:
Beautiful
Nurturing
Quiet
Perfectionist
Social Butterfly
Clean
Sweet
Loving
Easy-going
Good-Natured
She really is a good kid, most of the time.
Ally has been really getting into her American Girl doll. She really, really wanted a kitchen for her doll. We were lucky enough to find a
cheap inexpensive knock-off at Target. Yipee! Inexpensive is perfect. Unfortunately when a little girl likes expensive gifts, she only gets one gift a year.
When we were discussing what theme to do for her party, she wanted a Tea Party or a picnic. Well, I'm not chancing a picnic in October, so we had a Mad Hatter's Tea Party. She was stressed because she didn't want to dress up party. I told her we could do a whole Alice in Wonderland theme. She said she was willing, but she really had no idea what that meant. She's never seen the movie. (Sad oversight on our part.)

So I set the table with mismatched dishes (Thanks for the idea Tricia.) The girls each got their own teacup and saucer to take home as a party favor. See those white flowers in the middle of the table? Those weren't just a decoration.

We painted Roses Red. We had the song playing in the background so they weren't too confused.

It was actually kind of fun. Another game we tried (which was a horrible flop to be perfectly honest) was trying to say their names backwards. I even typed them out, but the little girls just seems to think I was retarded for spelling their names wrong.

Can you hear the crickets chirping as I passed out the name tags in this picture. lol. Jo didn't like being called Oj is all I have to say. Ally became Ylla and so on.

I let Ally pick the finger food. Most popular were the baked beans and the grapes. My kids were the only ones who liked the Deviled Eggs. lol

I made cookies and cupcakes that said "Eat Me". This is the cupcake tree. I didn't make a real cake. Cause I'm lazy.

And I present the inexpensive kitchen. I think lots of little girls are going to suddenly want American Girl Dolls. Sorry moms. I kind of regret it myself, but she loves the stuff and cherishes it.
So there you have it, my cute six year old. :)
2 comments:
Kari...I LOVE the idea! I think I might just *copy* it for Brinna next month. (: Do you mind? That is, if I can recover in time from Christmas! (:
Yeah I am glad that she liked the idea. I can imagine what Amanda would say if I gave them backwards name tags because Amanda thinks she knows everything. When did our kids get so big?
Post a Comment