I'm a nervous wreck.
This is what we have been doing the last two months to help her overcome her issues.
The flat spot on the top of her head. Well I haven't actually done much for that but stare at it and fret. I have asked Matt if he thought it was getting better and fretted some more.
Oh and I've forgone headbands for the most part. Poor baby doesn't look as fancy as the other girlies. But I tell you what, the second the doctor says her head is fine (and I'm praying he will), she is getting some new headbands. And flowers. Maybe both.
The flat spot on the back of the head. We've done tons for this one.
We no longer leave her in the carseat. Well most the time anyway. In the past we've used the carseat as a place to set babies when our arms were tired or they fell asleep. Now we hold her anyway. Or have someone else hold her. Or carry her. Or put her in the stroller. But we try not to leave her in the carseat, swing or bouncy seat for long periods. Which means no long trips for a while. (This is very exhausting by the way. My arms are getting very toned.)
We also borrowed a sleep positioner for her head.
So the first time I saw her in it I couldn't decide if she looked more like Dumbo or Pokey the Puppy. What do you think? :)
Torticollis
We have been doing physical therapy on her neck several times a day for two months. And she is getting better at holding her head up, but sometimes, like when she is tired it still tilts off to one side. This worries me a bit because I don't know what else to do for her.
The poor abused child also gets a lot of tummy time. Which because of this she has learned to turn over sooner than I was expecting. She can go from tummy to back and back to tummy pretty easily now. This isn't as helpful as it could be, because we want her on her tummy.
Clogged Tear Ducts
Poor kid looks like she has conjunctivitis all the time. They got worse about a week ago and after a couple of fevers I took her in and saw another doctor. She ended up with eyedrops. They are helping a bit, but it's still pretty bad. I'm not sure what I'm going to do when she needs pictures. She hates getting her eyes cleaned. We keep doing it though. I wish I could put her in the bath. She's too little for a real bath.
So I'm going to our new/old doctor on Tuesday. I hope it all goes well. But I'm starting to get nervous. Here's praying that she doesn't need to see a specialist for her head. I'd honestly feel lucky if she needed surgery for her tear ducts and a helmet. But I'd feel truly blessed if all these issues worked themselves out.
Oh and we are going to discuss Lauren, who failed the ice cream diet by the way. Get this, when it is really cold, she doesn't want ice cream. So I bought whole milk for her to supplement the ice cream.



2 comments:
Dad thinks that the contraption on Eden's head looks like a vise!
I think she looks like Blue's Clues. :)
Post a Comment