Eden, tolerating her sister as a chair.
Eden has been a great baby. Here are some things you may not know about her. She has proven to be huge. You know like all my other kids but Lauren. (Lauren is my only baby that stayed in the proper clothing size.) A lot of you didn't see my older two children as babies. Huge. It translated to tall later.
Eden is nearly five months and nearly out of the 3-6 month clothing. I had the opportunity to hold Eden and a three week older baby at the same time yesterday. Eden outweighed her. By a lot. My chubby baby is cute.
She is very easy to put to sleep. I just lay her down and she falls a sleep. I don't think it will last, but I'm going to love it while it does.
Eden also loves rolling over. Here are some shots of her progress.

Starting on her tummy.

At first she would get stuck in this position. She's look all around and smile, but stay like this. Poor tykes neck wasn't up to rolling over. Now a couple months later, she manages to get around pretty well. My little baby is mobile. (Granted a very slow mobile, but still.)

Eden is our first thumb sucker. If she loses the pacifier, her thumb is the next best thing. If you are really lucky, you will catch her sucking her lower lip. She is such a efficient child. I go all night some nights and don't hear a peep from her.

"Dad, help me. She's torturing me again." Eden is very sensitive to torture.

Eden was started on solid foods recently with mixed results. This is her, "This didn't taste as good as I thought it would" look.

Funny story. After this feeding, in which she was most definitely not impressed through most of it (just PLAIN rice cereal) I took her to a chair and sat down to eat a cinnamon roll (me, not her) and she was staring down the cinnamon roll, quite intently. Next thing I knew, she had latched onto my hand and pulled the sweet treat into her mouth. NOW she was impressed . She got nearly half the roll down before I could force my hand away to many loud protests. Pretty sneaky sis! (Okay, so I may have just let her have some at that point. So sue me.)

She eventually got the hang of it and then some. Now if we don't feed her she gets grumpy indeed. She will stare you down to get some food out of you. She is one step away from begging. There is a reason she is so big. But my other kids were all like this. As babies. Not now.

Eden does a pretty awesome pirate imitation. Arrrr!
1 comment:
I love this post!!! It's so fun to see the babies grow up from afar...wish I lived closer!
Post a Comment