Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Good News

I went to Eden's four month check up today. You know, the one I was stressing about for two months. I have to say, I'm glad I switched doctors. The new doctor was very specific with what he wanted me to do. So let me go down, issue by issue.

Torticollis

She is doing great but her sternocleidomastoid (I always knew memorizing the muscles would come in handy someday. Thank you Aerobics)is still a little tight. So he was very specific to explain what stretches to do, for how long and when. I only had a vague explanation before and this helped a lot.

Clogged Tear Ducts

We are to continue to use the drops four times a day. That will get rid of the eye infection, but the clogged tear ducts may still be a problem. If they haven't cleared up by six months, then they may not. So around eight months we can discuss sending her in to "clean them out."

Flat spot on the back of her head.

She no longer needs the head positioner and he said she won't need a helmet. However, the back of her head is still a bit uneven. So she needs to have a new sleep positioner where she sleeps on her side .

Flat Spot on the top of the head.

The doctor examined her head and told me she doesn't have Unilateral Coronal Synostosis. She will not need surgery. (Yipee.)

The Doctor also said that I need to start feeding her soon. They have changed (like in the last month) how they introduce solids to babies. They say now that you have a brief window to introduce the food. If you wait too long it increases the chance of them getting allergies. So you do it between 4 to 6 months. And you don't have any restrictions. SO you can introduce eggs, milk and citrus with the normal food. So tomorrow we are starting to process! Wow.

So I only face the possibility of one minor surgery at this point. I feel very blessed. :) Lots of prayers were involved in this. I love getting answers.

****When I originally posted this I realized that I hadn't spell checked the way I should have and I didn't update about Lauren.

The ice cream diet worked. For the first time in her entire life she is having solid poop. This means she will be on the diet for the rest of her childhood. (That part kind of sucks. Ice cream is expensive! lol)

7 comments:

Mika said...

SO happy to hear it!!!

sarah said...

That's great news Kari! So are they saying you can give her regular milk to drink?

Kari said...

I guess, I probably will introduce, but still go slow on the milk. I'd rather breast feed still.

Jenna said...

I wonder if Sarah meant if Ally could have the regular milk, and not Eden...I only bring that up, because I wouldn't want you to accidentally hurt Eden's tummy too early! (:

I wish the doctor would prescribe me good health by eating a daily bowl of ice cream!!!!! (:

Kari said...

lol. I actually wasn't sure on the milk issue. Sarah could be referring to any of my girls milk problems. Sadly, we really have that many milk issues. So I'll explain all three.

Ally - is not effected by milk anymore. She is on regular milk. She is, however, still sensitive to sugar-free food and drinks.

Lauren - when Lauren got prescribed ice cream, I started buying whole milk. We've been giving it to all the kids, but mainly Lauren. So since she needs to ice cream diet, we will keep buying whole milk. I don't think fatty milk is going to hurt any of my kids.

Eden - Well, no real issues there. I will still probably introduce it last. Old habits die hard.

Kerstin said...

So happy to hear the outcomes with everything!

Weird about introducing all the foods so early!

:)

sarah said...

I was wondering about Eden. I didn't realize your other girls had milk issues:)