Whenever someone inquires about me, we usually say, "Kari is busy." And naturally people assume I stay busy with my kids and fixing up my house. They would be correct, but in my off time, I like to do little projects. And no, one of them is not this blog. In the last four months I have finished several projects and I wanted to show them off.

I made these letters. My mom did this one with me in case anyone thinks they look familiar. They are craft letters, with
quickcuts shapes
stickered on them and then flashing tape on top of that. Then I took a stylus and put designs in it. Last we antiqued them. This project took a huge amount of time, but it was great for "hand work" while watching TV or talking.

Next I finished this chest. Matt got it for me for Mother's Day and I painted it black and top coated it. It is just what I imagined and I love it. It resides and the end of our bed. Now we have more room to store blankets.

I started this dress during Super Saturday in my last Ward. But I don't really have a talent for sewing so I stopped and put it off. It is for Ally, but she won't wear it. I think it is cute, but I picked out the fabric, so what can I say. It is finished and just hanging in her closet.

I finally got around to making Lauren's Hawaiian quilt. I made one for both of the other kids. A blue one for Elijah and a pink one for Ally. It is meant as a little blanket to replace their baby blankets. But I actually just love to make them because they are so easy.

Here is my pride and joy. This baby wins as my favorite just because of the amount of desire I had to finish it and the amount of effort it took. First I have to get the frame, then I had to get the pictures. This is where I hit a snag. I couldn't find enough to make it. So I had my rich friend
Alan take the pictures (Happy Birthday Alan!). He did WAY better than I was expecting. I could go off on what an amazing job he did again, but I will force myself to go on. Once he took the pictures I had to make them black and white. Then make the darn thing. I have made a few for other people before I made this one. It would drive me nuts to go into my sister's house and see hers, but not have one of my own. If it doesn't fit the description of the most awesome thing to have in a house, come over and see mine. Just about everyone comments on it. I am very happy to have it done. And yes mom, you're next!
2 comments:
Cool projects! The photo frame looks really good.
You did a great job on all those projects! The dress looks fabulous!
Post a Comment