Saturday, June 14, 2008

What a "happy" suprise...

Imagine my surprise to discover our house is on the route for the yearly city parade. We come out of our house to find people milling about our neighborhood and strange cars parked in front of it. I turn around and there are chairs and blankets set out not 20 feet away. There were marching bands, loud Jazz bands and bag pipes passing all night. Although, the bag pipes were very nice. The Jazz band had me looking for tomatoes to pitch.

I am thinking, "There is a parade in this town?" I have lived here a long time. Never seen a parade in this town. Hmmmm...what a surprise.

So next year about this time, come to my house. It passed right by us. I can see the fireworks from our front yard too. I had no idea it was so exciting in this neighborhood. To think, I complained about it being too quiet when we first moved in. Silly Kari.

2 comments:

JAMIE said...

I love Summerfest, but I am sure to plan all outside of the neighborhood errands well before, or the traffic is awful! I love having the perfect lawn to watch the fireworks on. It's one of my favorite things of the year...seriously!! I love parades and I particularly love the energy of the Summerfest...I think I'm crazy. :)

Kari said...

I think I can get into it. I just wasn't expecting it. I was shocked. I knew about the parade and fireworks, but Summerfest really didn't come to my mind when we moved here. Next year I will have to plan for it.