Friday, September 26, 2008

Father/Son Campout

Matt and Elijah went on their very first father and son camp out with the ward. This is the first year that Matt felt that Elijah wouldn't kill himself or seriously hurt someone else. They went to Nun's Park. And they had a cool playground for the kids to play on.
Elijah bit someone while playing so then Matt kept him nearer to the tent and also the fire.Elijah really liked the fire. He roasted Marshmallows and made chocolate-less smores. (we ran out of chocolate.)They had a good time hanging out by the fire.
Matt set up the tent so they could be comfortable. Notice the air mattress? That is what we bought for such campout's. I think Elijah slept well, what do you think?

4 comments:

denise said...

It looks like Elijah had a good time camping. I hope that Matt had a good night's sleep on that air mattress. (:

mathoni said...

That mattress will beat out the "egg carton" padding any day. I slept pretty well, considering the noise. Man! Those crickets were loud!

denise said...

At least the crickets are "natural," right? It could have been trucks.. Not that it would have been quieter..

You get good dad points in my book. Christian and I were too chicken to take the kids on our ward camping thing.

mathoni said...

We were actually chicken for a long time. OK, I was chicken for a long time. However, we decided it was time, especially if we want him to actually partake in scouting and such.

As for trucks, well, we had those, too. This was not far off the highway at Nunns park (near Bridal Veil Falls). I heard the trucks, but somehow, the crickets still overwhelmed them.