Thursday, September 25, 2008

Out With A Bang

Well today was the last soccer game of the fall season. While Elijah still didn't want to do it that much, he was actually playing the game correctly by the end of the season. I guess this also includes trash talk. So Elijah was doing the standard trash talk, "Your team cheated!" and "You guys are losers!" and boy did he get quite the reaction.

Now keep in mind I never get to watch these games because I am chasing down the girls the whole time. So I had no idea his team was playing a really aggressive team that was swinging pushes and being mean the whole time. I was looking for Lauren and Ally and then looked back at Elijah, only to find him being carried off the field. Yes, I just said BEING CARRIED OFF THE FIELD. He was sobbing and I was sitting there stunned. WHAT HAPPENED??!!?!? They bring him over to me and they tell me that a boy tackled him, jumped on top of him and was strangling him. Wait, I did sign my son up for kiddie soccer right? Not pro tackle soccer. I didn't think so.

I took Elijah over to the bathroom and the father of the other little boy drags him up and makes him apologize. I make Elijah apologize for the trash talk, which had upset the little boy and let the father explain exactly why you can't beat someone up for trash talk. Elijah was still upset and I took him to the playground to calm down.

You know, it was kind of nice to be on the receiving end of things for a change. For once I could say, I'm so glad that's not my kid.

Apparently the kid had been taking swings at other players throughout the game. Wow. I'll take my biter.

2 comments:

princess jen said...

That is ONE crazy soccer league! Anya skipped soccer this fall. She's in a drama class instead and is LOVING it!!

mathoni said...

Hmmm. Is it time for me to teach him how to hit, yet? Can't let my boy take all the beatings. Gotta learn him how to throw down!

Or something . . .