Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Internet!

This is Matt. Kari and I haven't had internet access in our home since we moved, in October of last year. It has been a challenge, to say the least. Well, today, we join the "real world" and are now connected to the web. To two people like us, who use the internet for recreation, research, paying bills, and a myriad of other uses, it has been a breath of fresh air. In a sense, it feels like this is a home, now. If only we could finish unpacking, complete our various projects and so forth.

Anyhoo, today, after our installer finished setting us up on the web, Elijah asked me if I had the internet on my computer. I told him I did. He then asked if Mommy had the internet on her computer. I told him she did. Then he paused. He said "Daddy. I don't have the internet, here."

Very cute. Sadly, he is accustomed to having a computer, just for his use, at Grandma's and Grandpa's house. Of course, it's Daddy's computer, and I just set it up specifically for his use. We just had no reason to move it to this house of ours. And now . . . I don't know if we have anywhere to even put the dang thing. Hmmmm. Karyn doesn't need any space, does she?

Oh, well. Elijah will just have to suffer. Or beg Mommy for the use of her computer.

4 comments:

Kari said...

Karyn only needs half of that bed anyway.

Poor Elijah. I will be nice. He actually asked me if he could use it after the installer left. I said it was time for school. That excuse will only work for a couple more days.

princess jen said...

I have to admit that I like having room for Anya to have her own computer set up. It's so cozy all being downstairs together and working on our computers. (My goodness we're spoiled!)

princess jen said...

BTW, great new background!

Kari said...

Hey thanks. Matt and I could sit in the room at the same time so he could help me. Do you know how hard life is when you never check your email at the same time or in the same place? It was frustrating. The pink gave me a headache.