So I saw the Speed Racer Movie. It was everything I hoped for and more. It was extremely true to the cartoon, so it was what I could have wanted as far as that goes. Spritle and Chim-Chim were completely annoying, and Mom and Pops were about what I would expect. They actually matches the most famous shots from the cartoon in the movie. Every time I saw one I would laugh.
The fighting and racing was really different. It was done by the creater's of the Matrix so it was like nothing I had ever seen before. It reminded me of racer car driving on a roller coaster track. But it was completely amazing to watch. They even had Rex Racer in it. Except he was dead in the movie. The camera shots were original and different and it was very imaginative. It help true to the anime style. This was awesome of the big screen.
While it was PG, there were a couple parts that were no necessarily what I would want a little kids to see. But there wasn't anything really sexy in it.
I LOVED IT. I can't believe they pulled it off.
An Update
1 year ago



5 comments:
You're the first person I've heard say they've liked it. Everyone else said they got a headache from all the loud scenery!! I'm glad you loved it though!!
Yea, it was loud, I will give it that. But it was a race car movie. Race cars are loud.
Well, I read a bunch of reviews. Most didn't get it. However, occasionally, I read review here and there that got it. I enjoyed the movie, but I didn't expect it to be a serious movie. It didn't have the post-modern ironic sense of "Look! We're making a remake and we're aware of it!" that several other remakes have had recently. That was maybe edgy ten years ago, but now, it's old.
Besides that, all the cars while racing were completely CGI. Mmmmm. CGI. Ahhhhh! (picture Homer Simpson drooling, here).
Think Car-fu and you'll get a sense of how the races went.
And here's a review that liked it.
http://www.time.com/time/arts/article/0,8599,1738558,00.html
I think that i would have had to have seen the cartoons to be interested. i 'll rent it .
I know, I know, but Matt didn't see it and he liked it. Some things had way more meaning to me because I am the mega-fan, but while it is loud it is still amazing.
Post a Comment