Monday, June 9, 2008

Happy Anniversary!

It was everything I could ever NOT want an anniversary to be. It was boring. It was lame. It was worse than an ordinary day! Thank goodness for Karyn who was willing to watch my sick kids on Friday while ran for Mexico, I mean, went out to eat. We went to one of my favorite's, P.F. Chang's. It was amazing.

Yes, well. We kind of lost this year, it being on Sunday and our kids being really sick. BUT we did get an anniversary table before my kids were attacked by viruses. Or rather, a dining room table. Well, this isn't the best of pictures. Oh well. I'm tired, so sue me! It expands into a square table for when we need seating for eight. Our little four seater wasn't doing it anymore. All six of us were squished around it. This was a necessity. And well, I like light wood stains. I find dark oppressive. So Farmhouse table it is. But if anyone wants to come to dinner, we have more room!

10 comments:

mathoni said...

Happy anniversary, Honey! Let's hope we have many more. However, let's see what we can do to avoid more like this particular one. :)

annie valentine said...

I'm impressed that you actually get your kids around any kind of table. We eat dinner in shifts--at the counter. Sorry about the sick kids, that's the pits. I miss seeing you...let me know next time you and Mom Marie come up to Davis County.

ps - Let me know if you decide to hit the border. I just might want to come with...

Alan J said...

Your kids were attacked by a dining room table?

Kari said...

Yes, the carnage was sad. But I couldn't find it in myself to stop the table, you understand?

Kari said...

Annie, I will talk to my mom. I need to go up there.

Jenna said...

Yeah for bigger tables! Congratulations on the anniversary! I think you and Becky share one...we bombared her on hers...at least we left by 8 p.m....they had the evening together without house-guests!

Kari said...

Yes, we do share one. I kept thinking on the day she got married, but two years later, that we will always have an anniversary the same day.

princess jen said...

Your new table is great! Having all the extra room is wonderful.

leslie jo said...

Kari
Happy Late Anniversary. I am so sorry you are home with sick kids. It you need anything holler we are just down the street.

Tricia said...

Sick kids are the pits. Thomas decided to get pink eye the day we were suppose to go into San Francisco so nix the trip because there were to many other babies around. Poop anyway Happy anniversary.