Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Snippet of the Day

It is really cute to watch and hear a one year old try to learn to talk. Lauren is expanding her vocabulary, but not really the sounds she is saying. Ma-ma can mean Grandma, Mommy, more, mine, mean and who knows what else.
Last night Lauren was snuggling with Karyn. For those who don't know Karyn, she is Matt's baby sister who lives with us. Karyn holds Lauren up and says, "Okay Lauren, say Karyn!"

L: "Da-Da!"
Karyn: Kaaaa-ryn."
L: Daaaa-da."
Karyn: "Ka-rrrrryn."
L: "Da-daaaaa."
Mommy: "Say K." (sound, not letter.)
L: "T" (sound)
Karyn: "I'm going to get her to say it."
Mommy: "Keep trying. In the next six months I'm sure she will."

I'm sure in Lauren's mind she was saying it.

3 comments:

denise said...

Kari, Lyric and I had this same conversation about her little boyfriend:

L: "See, Jacot!"
D: "JacoB, honey. Say "bah"
L: "Bah"
D: "JacoBah!"
L: "See Jacotah!"

They taught me in college it was useless.. I guess I believe them now.

Kari said...

Yea, I don't really worry about it. It was humorous to see Karyn try so hard though.

mathoni said...

Ah, that's adorable. Actually, it is also adorable with Lyric to, to be honest. Little kid speech is really fun to listen to.