Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Makeover Beauty

Ally, of course, likes to put on blue eyeshadow. That is pretty clear with the daily applications. Recently, I have discovered that she likes to put blue eye shadow on any friends that come over to play. Now sadly, I have no pictures of this, but I think some people may not mind the photographic evidence not existing.

I first noticed this tendency with Peyton. Her family came over for dinner and she came down with her HUGE amounts of blue eyeshadow. While it compliments Ally, Peyton has an entirely different completion. She is a beautiful child. But her father put it best when he said, she looked like Frankenstein. So cute though.

Yesterday, we had our weekly playgroup at our house with the Beckstead's. Jerusha and I grew up together and she has four boys to my one. Two of them are on either side of Elijah in age and the younger two are twins and are about six months younger than Ally.

The three older boys, Kyler, Bryson and Elijah sit down to play Nintendo 64 and the three youngin's run upstairs to play in Ally's room. They slammed the door to lock Lauren out. So it is shut. About an hour later, Jerusha goes to look in on them. Ally had not only worked her blue eyeshadow magic on Alex and William, but they had also pulled out Ally's hanging closet clothes and were trying them all on.

We proceed to start cleaning up the mess and getting the clothes off. When we got the wrong clothes off, we realized they were naked under all those dresses and sweaters and then proceed to find all their pants.

So right now I'm not sure whether to applaud the boys ingenuity or make them play in larger, more public rooms. Do I be shocked they were all have naked and in dresses? Or was it all a master plan on the boys part? Their main goal being to play doctor in the end?

I think I'm just going to assume it was innocent play. But it sure was cute! I'm kicking myself for not taking a picture of the three lovely "girls" playing home makeover.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

with any luck you can get ally to go to hairschool like her aunt Heather and she can do your makeup and hair when your older. Now that would be ideal....sooo push her into makeup and all this girlie stuff it will pay off in the end.....right????

btw..happy birthday yesterday....your getting soo old....

Kari said...

What's with this me getting old stuff? I will always remain the same number of years older than you and Christian. If I am getting old, so are you!

I can dig Ally as a hair dresser. She starts with her friends and proceeds to cousins and aunts. Eventually her mommy?

Unknown said...

yeah i might be getting old too..but i will never be as old as you :)

Kari said...

unless I die! whhahahaha! wait, that's not funny.