While picking up Elijah from school, I was waiting outside his classroom. I was there early because he had thrown his Teddy Bear, for the Teddy Bear picnic on the roof. I was inquiring about getting it back. But afterwords, yeah, I was waiting.
Another mother comes to the door to pick up her son early. The teacher explains that he was bitten by another little boy and there is a pink mark on his arm.
So, idiot that I am, I am thinking: "Boy, I am so glad I am not that mother. Because it can't be Elijah. He has never bitten anyone." Oh ye of little faith. Or rather, me of too much faith. HA!
Elijah walks out of the classroom and asks: "Can you please go to the car and wait for me?"
M: "What? Why...?"
E: (Looks a little sad.) "Because I bit someone."
M: "What?!!? You? Why?"
The teacher comes over and explains that the boys were play wrestling and it sounds like it got carried away. But if it happens again, he will lose recess for a week. She was really nice about the whole thing. I was just so horrified! I've never had a biter!
The terrible irony that the poor mother was me....
The two bits of good news out of this are that the mother of the boy just shrugged off the whole incident with a "Boys will be boys!" statement (thank goodness.)
Also, the Teddy Bear blew off the roof during recess! So we have it back!
An Update
1 year ago



5 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
I just had to throw that in there for you! Sorry about the biting. I feel for you. I'm the mother of TWO biters (curse Alan for being a biter himself and karma dictating that we would have some too!). I hope for his sake and yours, that it was truly an isolated incident. He does seem like he was penitent, unlike Aaron. We use Tobasco sauce for Aaron now when he bites.
Anyway, that's my novel for you.
when Ethan was 2.5 years old, he bit the 7 month old baby at daycare. I could have crawled under a rock. I felt horrible, and I saw visions of prison in my toddler's future..LOL The parents were remarkable and forgiving (as I would be, because well, it happens), but I still averted my eyes when I saw them for a few weeks. :)
Oh no! I am so sorry. It is true though... boys will be boys and it does happen. But I am sure you are thinking, "Why does it have to be my boy?"
I'm sorry Kari, that is no fun. Jackson used to bite all the time, but I know it is harder as they get older. Hopefully, this one time will be enough that he won't ever try that one again. Well, at least not on anyone outside of his immediate family. Most Olson's I know tend to have some major sibling battles.
Don't we though. I'm still waiting for some of us to get over a couple of those battles! ie. me.
Post a Comment