Ally's birthday party was mass chaos. Which is fine. Just what I was expecting when a major winter storm blew into the region. Much to my amazement nearly everyone I invited came to the party.
First, the kids played some games. We played Kiss the Frog Prince, Pass the Poison Apple, and Can You Find the Pea (from Princess and the Pea). Here is Anya asking if the apple is really poison. We are all telling, yes it is and to taste it and find out for sure.

The girls made these little hats. Okay so they are just glorified party hats, but they liked them.

Peyton was the only one brave enough to try the game first.

Find the Pea game, which was the most popular game, much to my shock. I thought it was the lamest one, but ALL the kids wanted to try it.

Except Ally, she wouldn't try anything.

Oh, and Jo. She didn't want to try anything either.

After a while all the kids disappeared and I found them all in the toy room.

Ally was afraid to blow out the candle. But Brave Aaron, the near two year old, did it for her.
Emma eating a cupcake.
Karyn glaring at the camera (okay she was just caught unawares) and feeding Lauren a cupcake.
Okay this was my favorite part. When I said it was time for presents all the kids gathered around and did it for me. They all had little jobs. It was funny. I actually have no idea what she got and who gave them, presents just came to me from out of the mob.
I think Jo was impressed with the My Little Pony stuff.
7 comments:
Looks like a very fun party for kids! And the cupcakes seemed to go over well, even with the non-butter buttercream frosting. ;)
It was a WONDERFUL party!! I actually wrote a blog about it last night (I think it will post tomorrow!) and Anya had so much fun.
Cute. I wish LK could have gone.
I think she would have liked it. It was fun and I don't think one more kid would have made a difference.
I wish that I could have stolen one of those pink cupcakes...they looked yummie with LOTS of frosting. I was also sad that I didn't get to make a princess hat because they were way cute! I have a feeling that little Ally is going to be an observer of life while Elijah jumps in with both feet! Lucky you!
That is a cute pic of Jo! I agree that is what she has always wanted that pony house! I am sorry she was a party pooper. Thanks for inviting her!
Happy Birthday Ali!
Post a Comment